Sunday 2 July 2023

Only Boast in God!

The Lord Jesus Christ says,  "All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one coming to Me I will in no way cast out." (John 6:37 LITV)- The Lord Jesus Christ said that. In Ephesians 1:4 LITV the Bible says, "according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, for us to be holy and without blemish before Him in love." The Bible says that Jesus came to save His people from their sins-Matthew 1:21 LITV, "And she will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins."- Notice what the Bible says, "His people"- that is very specific- "His people." That is why Jesus came, to accomplish the salvation of His people- John 6:39 LITV, "And this is the will of the Father sending Me, that of all that He has given Me, I shall not lose any of it, but shall raise it up in the last day." 

The Lord Jesus Christ says in John 10:26-28, "But you do not believe for you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish to the age, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand."

A man comes to repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ because it is the result of the regenerating work of God- The Bible says in John 3:3 LITV, "Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, if one does not receive birth from above, he is not able to see the kingdom of God."- John 3:5 LITV, "Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you if one does not receive birth out of water and Spirit, he is not able to enter the kingdom of God."

God is very clear in His Word, He is in complete control of salvation- Man has nothing to boast about himself- only to boast in God. The Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9 LITV, "For by grace you are saved, through faith, and this is not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, that not anyone should boast."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Called by Dr. Steven J. Lawson